My name is Vasileios Trigonakis and I come from Greece.
I am a Software Engineer, specialized in Distributed Systems. I am mostly interested in Large Scale Distributed, Peer-to-Peer, Transactional Memory, and Multi/Many-Core Systems. I hold an Electrical and Computer Engineering Diploma from the ECE Department of NTUA University, Athens, Greece. My major was in IT.
I am currently a 2nd year student in the Software Engineering of Distributed Systems Master of Science program at KTH University, Stockholm, Sweden. On January 2011 I moved to EPFL University, Lausanne, Switzerland in order to conduct my Master's Thesis within the Distributed Programming Laboratory. The topic is about the design of Transactional Memory on Many-Core systems.
- Diploma, Electrical and Computer Engineering, NTUA
- MSc., Software Engineering of Distributed Systems, KTH
- MSc. Thesis, Distributed Programming Laboratory, EPFL
- Born in Heraklio, Crete, Greece in 1985
- Studied in Athens, Greece and Stockholm, Sweden
- Moved to Lausanne, Switzerland on January 2011
I have mostly worked on GIS systems. The majority of these systems use Oracle Database, with the Spatial option enabled and J2EE.